Acquaint yourself How to clean white converse that is less than white after the first or two wear. A little dirt is not alarming unless serious signs of damage show up. And when it comes to cleaning, most people prefer machine washing as it is quick and doesn’t require a lot of scrubbing from your end. But if the stains are nasty then the machine washing won’t be effective, you may have to do scrubbing to get rid of those stubborn stains.
Have a stained white converse, don’t panic! Fortunately, there are useful methods that you use to get nice again.
How to make converse white again?
We understand how awful it is when your shoes get dirty within a couple of use.
If a question has started popping into your head that what are the possible methods that can change it all and make your shoes look like you have bought them today then stay adhered.
1. How to clean converse with baking soda
To begin the cleaning, unlace your shoes so the maximum part of your sneaker is exposed.
Wash the shoelace separately and soak it in a bucket of hot water with a little detergent. Since your shoelace is cheaper than the converse, you can buy new if washing shoelace is a hassle.
- Rinse the shoes under running water. Make sure to choose a bucket of water and use cold water instead of warm water.
- It is good to spread a wax paper or do it over the sink to avoid the excess drip off that can make the whole cleaning process messy and could damage the flooring as well.
Preparing a paste of baking soda and vinegar
- Don’t take a metal bowl since it can react and worsen the overall process of cleaning. Choose a plastic bowl to make a thin foamy paste of baking soda and vinegar. The paste should have a three parts vinegar and two parts baking soda.
- Dip a toothbrush or nail brush into the cleaner and scrub it all over the white converse, focusing on all sides especially the dirty area.
Washing and Cleaning the White converse
- Now place the white converse shoes into your washing machine and add a little regular detergent. Make sure to not let your shoe band around, therefore it is recommendable to wrap them in a mesh or cloth.
- Once all done, take them out and let them air dry. If you want to know how to keep the converse white quickly, let it dry in a sunny and dry environment. The warmth of the sun will help it dry quickly. Don’t use the dryer as it can ruin the shape of the converse.
2. How to clean white converse with acetone or nail polish remover
if you are living with a girlfriend or family then you must see a nail polish remover in your dressing all the time. To begin the process, make sure you have acetone or nail polish remover and a cotton pad. The method is best when you face a stubborn strain and the rest of the converse are clean and crisp.
- Dip cotton pad in acetone or nail polish remover.
- Gently rub it on the affected area for sometimes.
- Now, rinse it off in powdered or liquid soap water.
- Now wash it in a washing machine and hang them dry.
- Don’t use dryer for the quick-drying as it can harm the appearance and shrink fabric that can result in tearing down your white converse.
The method is the best bet in emergencies as you won’t have to get something from the store. The process gets complete with the help of some easily available household items.
Give this method a try and we hope, you won’t be disappointed.
3. How to Clean White Converse With Toothpaste
The most convenient way to clean your white converse at home is by using toothpaste. The process is extremely simple, all you need is a small amount of toothpaste.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste into the affected area and brush it until the dry part is gone.
- Repeat the process several times until the strain is completely faded away.
- If the stain is stubborn and old, consider making a paste of white toothpaste and baking soda.
- Once you are done with the rubbing part, wash it with cold water, and let it air dry.
4. How to clean white converse with white bleach for stubborn stains
The white bleach is the most accessible item, however, if the stain is old and you have tried out different method and none of them worked out. Get the following items: white bleach, baking soda, toothpaste, and warm water.
- Take a specific amount of the bleaching liquid, depending upon the shoe size or the strain.
- Mix it with the toothpaste, lemon, and baking soda.
- Apply it to shoes and let the mixture soak into your shoes.
- Keep it in a couple of hours and then wash it with cold water or in a washing machine.
- Make sure to take a small part of bleach as it can make shoes look old and faded.
5. Shoe cleaner kit
There are a plethora of products available in the market that are built to remove the strains and has the best chemical composition that fades away the strain in a few minute or second. If you have a shortage of time, you can always buy such products from Amazon or eBay.
White converse looks amazing when they are brand new. However, after significant use, and you ultimately consider buying a whole new set of converse when your previous shoes are no more clean and crisp despite being washed in the washing machine as well. Above are the best methods that help you to get rid of stubborn stains and make your less white shoes white again. Bleach the white converse or use toothpaste, baking soda to quickly remove the strain that has made your versatile, beautiful-looking-shows less attractive.
Frequently Asked Question
Can you clean white converse without baking soda?
Washing the white converse with baking soda is one of the methods. You can try several other methods discussed in the blog that are more effective and quick.
How to wash white converse in the washer?
Simply place the white converse shoes in the washing machine and add a little detergent. Avoid using chlorinated bleach. Don’t let your shoes bang around the washing machine, instead wrap them in a piece of fabric or mesh before throwing them into the machine.
How to clean white converse sneakers that turned yellow?
The white converse starts turning yellow because of dirt accumulation, sweat strains, and rough uses. Sometimes when you wash them hurriedly, a portion of soap or detergent sticked-up and creates a chemical reaction that eventually turns your white converse into yellow.
Can my white converse go in the dryer?
It is recommendable to never put it directly into the dryer. The high temperature will loosen the glue that functions to hold shoes together. In severe condition, the fabric may get shrink that can result in permanently wrapping your shoes.